Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Summer Soiree

Every year we host a little summer soiree with some of our friends.  This years theme was a Patriotic Partay!  I have been a pinning fool on Pinterest, trying to find neat ideas for food and decorations.  You have seen my decorations here and here.  Here is the dessert table:
I wanted to cover the table, but since we have a square table, finding a table cloth is a challenge, so I just used some pieces of fabric I had denim, burlap and paisley.  Love how it turned out. 

Fresh flowers are always nice and I added them to the table outside as well as the dessert table

This was the offical unveiling of the old iron chandy, loved it as did everyone else.  You can read about that here


Here is the vingette you see when you walk in the front door.  The chalkboard, is actually a frame I bought at a garage sale and I just painted right over the glass.

I found an awesome receipe for Red, White and Blue Sangria at Recipe Girl.  I would show you what I made, but it is all gone!  And I forgot to take a pic.  It was real yummy!  I also found this recipe for Poke Cake, totally remember those from my younger days.  It was fun to make and so moist.  This one was from Lil Luna.  It was so yummy.
I wish I had more pics, but was too busy having a good time!

On another note, DS was finally diagnosed with Chondromalcia Patella!  Basically a degeneration of the cartiledge behind the knee!  He is only 23!  So he is undergoing phyical thereapy for a few more weeks before he goes back to work. 

Have a great week.

Laura

 

No comments: