Sunday, June 24, 2012

Trash to Treasure

Bewteen Doctors appts the other day I hit Marshalls.  I hadn't been there in a while and wanted to kill time.  Well I found this frame.
It was on clearance cause it had a few scratches on it.
Well I saw that as potential so I snatched it up for $5.
Using a few sharp tools I had around I scratched it some more!  Yes I said that, I scrapped, and gouged and scratched this new frame to old!  I love how it turned out!  I then discovered that the glass was etched around the frames, bummer.  I was going to use 3 pictures but one was landscape.  So I improvised and printed out an old pic to look like a postcard instead!

What do you think?
The pics on the right and left I took years ago at Yellowstone.  I have been meaning to either enlarge them or frame them.  I wrapped burlap around the matting and just taped the pics to the burlap.  Works for me!

Here it is on our feature wall in the family room.  I still need to find some special items to fill it in, but it is getting there.



Have a great week!


Laura
Mod Vintage Life
shabby creek cottage





Tip Junkie handmade projects






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special






















No comments: