Monday, November 21, 2011

The reason for the season!

While looking for easy holiday ideas on what else, pinterest, I came across this simple but with a message craft from learning-to-be-me,  Since it was raining yesterday, DH and I decided perfect time to make some up.  We found the 2x2's at Lowes for $1.48 each and the lath for .54 for a 4' piece.  Finding the heads for Mary and Joseph is going to be another battle, Joann's just doesn't like to stock shelves!  I found one bag yesterday, but not sure if there were anymore out!  Will have to go back today to check it out.  Anyway...
DH cut the wood and I started painting.  DH made me a great rack to do the heads on, they are frisky buggers, I kept dropping them!
This works great.  Like my Thanksgiving tablescape!  My other large work surface has sewing projects on it, so this was the only one!  We set up an assembly line and got to work.
Since I only had 6 heads to work with only 3 familys are done.
Here is a close up.

I love how they turned out, so simple but effective in getting the message across.  We will be making these for friends and neighbors and a few of DH's co-workers.  Now I just need to find more heads!

Have a great day,

Laura




 UndertheTableandDreaming





4 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I also pinned this project and plan to make them for family this Christmas. Yours turned out great!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

What a great job! Thanks for sharing these fantastic craft ideas.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Decor To Adore said...

Wow! You are a Christmas crafting genius! So glad I found your project via Centsational Girl.

Please stop by for a visit to my blog. I am currently in the midst of a Gifts to Make series.

Be Merry and Bright!

Coupon Clippin Mommy said...

I pinned this too from the original site and made them for my MOPS steering team leaders. I loved how mine turned out too.