Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread at Lovin from the Oven! I love a good banana bread, but find that a lot of recipes don't have enough bananas for my taste. Well this one is awesome, there are 3 bananas per loaf! And it was dairy free!
The first time I made this I had 6 ripe bananas lying around. So I doubled the recipe and it was awesome! The 2 loaves didn't last long in my house, maybe 3 days! I have since made it 2 more times, and both time it flies out the door! So I thought I would share some of the pics with you.
iPad stand!. AWESOME, so nice to have it up off the counter.
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- 3 over-ripe bananas, smashed up
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
For the bread:
For the swirl:
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and four a loaf pan. Mine was 9 x 5, but you could use any sort, I suppose. Just keep a close eye on it in the oven, and adjust the time as needed
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together. sprinkle baking soda and salt around on top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in flour. Be careful not to over-mix!
- In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 Tbs cinnamon.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half, or a little more than half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan. Add the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, but remember, if you’re using a different-sized loaf pan, be careful and keep a close eyeball on it!
Have a great weekend everyone!