Thursday, January 12, 2012

Old 80's oak.

So here is my dilemma, we have a solid oak bedroom set we got before we married 27+ years ago.  I want to see if I can rework it.  It is solid oak and real heavy.  It used to be one of those with the light bar and the cabinets on either side of the bed, but we took it apart a while ago.  Here are a few pics from a few years ago.
This is the 2 cabinets, we clamped together and put on the side wall.  The drawers for some reason don't come out on these pieces, which may be a deal breaker!

This is the dresser, it is 9 drawers but the 3 in the middle are smaller.  Right now the mirror isn't hanging on the wall just leaning.  The room has been painted since these pics were taken, and we have laid new floors as well.
Here is the bed, this is after we painted and trimmed out the windows.  This is what you see when you walk into the room.  I am thinking the headboard may have to go.  Looking for ideas on a new one.  While I would love an iron headboard, I don't think we have room.  The room isn't that big.  There is another window to the right of the bed, then the bathroom.
This is the armoire that sits on the wall by the door.  This is where the TV cable is so this where it has to stay.
This is before we painted or finished the bathroom.  It looks like this now.

I really love how the 'door where there was no door', turned out.

Ok any ideas out there?  I think pinterest and I will have to have a date!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Laura

No comments: