Monday, January 9, 2012

A Case for Ipad

So DH totally surprised me at Christmas and got me and Ipad!!!  I was shocked!  Did not expect it at all.  The kids got me a hard sided case to protect it, but I knew I wanted to make it a nice soft case as well.  So I perused and read and read and perused and came up with a combination of ideas!  I love how it turned out.  The only thing I had to buy was a zipper, minke and fleece for the lining and that was a remnant.  Here are the supplies:
I used pieces of fabric that I already had around.  Plus I added the ribbon trim and an old button for the closure.  I cheated and used a pony holder for the elastic!  Hey it works!  Here is the finished product.
LOVE IT!!!
Here is the nice soft lining for my baby.  Not that I plan on dropping it, but nice to know it is protected.
Has a zipper on the back for storing cords and such. 
Ipad fits in there nice and cozy, case and all!  I may see if any of my friends need a case...

Have a great Monday!
Toodles,
Laura

















2 comments:

ktquilts said...

Wow! I guess great minds think alike!

Great case!

KT

Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

This is a great case!! My husband surprised me with one too. He thought ahead and got me a travelling case. I will be making one of my own too. Stopping by from DIY Home Sweet Home linky party and your newest follower.

Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-first-amp-cover.html