Saturday, September 17, 2011

Grandma's Patio

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  With DD going off to college, I have lots of projects to tackle, just have to decide which ones to do first!  I finished up a few quilts, and then was working on this special project.

A month ago we went to my Mom's for her birthday.  She had lunch on her patio and while it was nice I noticed that her patio was a little sad.  I asked her if she ever came out to use it, and she said no!  Well looking around, I wouldn't either!  So it was decided we would redo Mom's patio, and since it was the end of summer I was going to hit all the clearance sales!

Here is a before:
A little crowded and a little dull.  So here is what we came up with.  DH came along for his muscle!

A nice seating area for conversation.  The bench was on the front porch never used.  Added some color with rugs and her favorite color, purple, with plants.
A dining area  with a new table and chairs.  She came out to see it before she left for the day.  Was totally surprised by how much bigger it looked.
Added a few candles and a lantern for ambiance.  Love how it turned out.  I did a few planters as well so she has lots of color and used a few different sages and salvias for the hummingbirds.


I am glad we could help give her something she can enjoy.  Hopefully for many years to come.

Have a great weekend.

Toodles,

Laura

No comments: