So the first project was to fix the porch posts. One had to be totally replaced, then we, I mean our awesome contractor/friend Mike, bricked around the post 2/3 of the way up, so no water could ever damage again.
We then added slate to the porch and had the whole house painted, colors approved by the association of course! Then I added a new screen door! And here is the finished product! Oh forgot to add we got new windows for the whole house as well!
This shows the whole house, here is the front door and porch.
Since then we have added a new gate on the side of the house that leads to the new side yard garden. I thought I had a picture of that, but I can't find it. We are one of the first houses you see when you turn into our tract, so we wanted it to look good and make a good impression. We have received a lot of nice comments from our neighbors and I hope it inspires them to take pride in their house as well.
Have a great day!