Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A little pillow happy!

In the process of 'refreshing' the patio, I needed to recover a bunch of pillows that we had been using outside.  A few on the porch swing, and the a few more on the chairs.  The 'rustic' green chairs turned out great!  I will post a pic of them at the end.  But now I want to talk about pillows.

As you know outdoor fabric can be pretty expensive.  But I have found a way to go around that!  Recently I found some outdoor fabric on the red tag table at JoAnn's.  It was $8 a yard, which is OK, but I knew that they routinely discount that table by 50% off!  Lucky for me that was this week!  I was thrilled, because they added a few more outdoor fabric choices to the mix!
Here is what I did.
I used the awesome envelope pillow cover tutorial over at Stephanie's blog, Under the Table and Dreaming.  So easy peasy.  I purchased 1 yard of the discounted fabrics and a few remnants as well.  That is another secret, if you are looking for fabric and it is on sale, check the remnant bin.  Not only will you get the sale price but it will be 50% off!
Here is the before:
Faded and in need of a little pop of color!  And here is the after:
So much better!  I redid the cushion as well, recycling our old dining chair cushions, that is another post!  The fabric on the far right was one of the one's from the red tag table, so it was $4 for a yard, which I can get 2 covers out of!  The fabric on the far left I purchased last year on sale, and the red and tan one was a remnant which was $5.64. (Here is how the remanant pricing works, the fabric is on sale for $13.99/yd, it was .806 of a yard, so $11.28, then you take 50% of that!) The other red print is a pillow I purchased from HD at the end of the season last year.
Here is another cool fabric I love, this was on the red tag table.  Last week it wasn't!
I am gong to make bolster pillows, reusing the old dining chair cushions,  for the green chairs with this.  Funny thing is, they have high back cushions out of this same fabric at HD for $35!  I really liked them but they were too much for DH.  So pillows it is! 
I love doing this it is so easy and brings a new life to the patio area.  Now I want to go read on the swing!

Here is a peek at the renewed green chairs:
I will take better pics when I get the pillows done.

Have a great week, and if you need fabric, don't forget to check out JoAnn's!

Toodles,

Laura

 



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


HookingupwithHoH


 shabby creek cottage




Tip 
Junkie handmade projects

No comments: