Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sad Day

Just thought I would let you in on a little sad news.  My Dad passed away on Tuesday night.  He had been sick for a long time, so it wasn't really a surprise. But that doesn't make it easier.  In June of 2008 he was given 6 mos, and defied all the drs and nurses.  He had congestive heart failure and there was nothing else they could do.  The good thing was he was on hospice care, so was allowed to live out his final days at home! 

I know he is in a much better place, in fact I am sure he is having a great time seeing his brother and parents and dancing with angels!

So if I don't post for awhile, this is why!















This was taken at their 50th anniversary 3/7/09! 

Have Fun Dad, we will miss you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars, I'm so sorry to hear this - I realize it has been a few weeks, but I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am. I am possibly facing a situation like this with my Father soon, and it just touched me the way you ended the post with "Have fun Dad, we will miss you"... I hope I can have a strong frame of mind like you do. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.